Thursday, November 10, 2011

Romy's 5 minutes with Abbey Lee

I wouldn't mind being Abbey Lee!
I had 5 minutes with model, Abbey Lee and here’s what I asked…
Why are you in New York? “I live here in New York but I also happen to be shooting for Portmans in Manhattan at the moment.
What are you wearing right now? Right now I’m wearing a pair of purple printed flared Burberry pants from the last resort collection, a vintage black suede corset, and a vintage black faux fur jacket with a black cross necklace from the Pucci show.” AL
What do you love most about New York? “I love the freedom here. You can be anyone you want no matter how crazy or boring and you are accepted.” AL
What do you love most about Australia? What is the first place you visit when you are in town? “I love that I can be barefoot pretty much anywhere and it’s where my family are. The first thing I do in Melbourne is either go to Issy Cafe in Napier Street for a soy chai or to Kent Street for a mulled wine depending on the time of day.” AL
What is your most memorable moment in fashion? “Shooting the Gucci flora TV commercial with Chris Cunningham. Go to you tube and watch it as well as the behind-the-scenes and you will realize why.” AL
Who is your favourite photographer to work with? “I like a few for different reasons. Terry Richardson is so much fun and always pumped with energy. Karl Lagerfeld because it’s relaxing hanging out in his studio and he always teaches me something. Inez and Vinoodh because two people simply couldn’t be sweeter or more encouraging. And Mert and Marcus because they are hilarious but hard workers so I always break a sweat.” AL

source: Style Me Romy