Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Holly Rose for i-D Australia in 'The Rise Of Holly'

Our gorgeous Holly Rose talks to i-D Australia about being a regular New Zealand teenager, to one of the most in demand new faces of the moment.


i-D: New Zealanders grow up with such a relationship to the landscape, when you travel overseas do you miss that connection to nature?
Holly Rose: It's amazing that I never really thought about how much nature influenced my life, but even not being able to see as many stars really affects me. I do miss nature, when I go home it makes me enjoy everything so much more. I never get sick of going up Mount Eden and spending hours just sitting in nature and appreciating what Auckland has to offer




What are your favourite things during summer in the city?
There are frozen yoghurt vans everywhere, and street stalls selling mangos. There is nothing like fresh mango or a froyo to help with the very humid New York summer 
 

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to own a vineyard and winery with a five star restaurant on it and a luxury resort down in the South Island of New Zealand somewhere. I would like to be an author of a novel, be a baker and own a bakery, dabble in styling, and I think that's it for now. I have always been a pretty indecisive person, but hey I'm a Gemini. 

Words: Wendy Syfret

Full interview here