Wednesday, November 5, 2014

5 Minutes with Ksenija Lukich



Our divine Ksenija Lukich has had a life changing month. 
Being crowned the E! News Australia's host after battling it out against thousands of applicants from across Australia. It's safe to say she deserves her title and we couldn't be happier for her recent success!... We're so excited to watch Ksenija take over the world, so it would only be fitting for us to catch up with her and learn about Ksenija's world.



 

So, you’ve recently had a career/life somersault. You've gone from being an Aussie working model to being crowned E! Australia’s host. 
If you can put it into words, how would you describe your life right now?

Absolutely crazy! I cant believe that only 2 months ago I was modeling and now my life has completely changed. Its been a marvelously humbling, wonderful experience. I feel so unbelievably lucky.

   Safe to say it’s a big change you've gone through, what’s the best advice you’ve received since and who was it from?

Its a very simple piece of advice but it's "be yourself" that has been one that's really stuck with me. Giuliana Rancic told me that the first time I met her. 






 Aside from being mentored by Guiliana herself, You’ve also recently interviewed Jean Paul Guiltier and Kelly Osborne whilst they’ve been in the country. How do you prepare/plan for these big interviews?

Lots of research. I have been constructing the interviews myself with the help of a coach and producer. Its been a lot of preparation over the last month. I think if you know your subject you are going to feel more confident. 


How do you overcome nerves/fan girl moments before these interviews?

I have a big thing for Disney. Singing and listening to my favourite movie songs relaxes me. I suppose I get a little nostalgic and it helps to get me in a good head space. 


What’s your biggest fear being the interviewer with these big celebs?

That someone will be completely unresponsive to my questions and I'll freeze up. But so far so good. I guess that's why you always need to be prepared.


 Now for the cliché questions…Who (if it hasn’t already happened) would be your dream celeb to interview?

I would just love to interview Jennifer Lawrence because she seems like such a cool chick. Also Meryl Streep, because of how iconic she is in Hollywood. Both are exceptional actresses too!

(photo source: Daily Telegraph)



Celeb crush? 
Ryan Reynolds



 Favourite city in the world?

New York baby


Looking back, what did you love about modelling?

The great people I met and the flexibility to work all over the world


 …and what did you find challenging about it?

Modeling is up and down, so managing that lifestyle was sometimes tricky 


 What does a Saturday in the life of Ksenija look like?

Waking up slowly, brunch with a strong coffee, walking around the shops, afternoon relaxing on the couch. Then wine and dinner with friends.


Favourite Sydney dinner spot?

Dinner and wine at 121 BC in Surry Hills. Its the perfect date spot.


What are you looking forward to in the year ahead?

The 2015 awards season. E! is the home of the Red Carpet so I'm so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of it next year. Its been a dream of mine to go to the Oscars. 


Next big purchase for yourself?

A pair of black Louboutin pumps. Every girl needs a pair!


Go to shopping destination in Sydney?

The Intersection in Paddington. Best Australian designers all in one spot!


Favourite Emoji right now?






 (words/photos: sami sloane)