Friday, April 17, 2015

Bridget Malcolm's Movie Guide
for Style.com


You might not expect a Victoria’s Secret model to gravitate toward esoteric films, but Bridget Malcolm defies the stereotypes. Favoring trippy Jodorowsky tales and Chaplin flicks over standard blockbuster fare, Malcolm’s selection of her all-time favorites is more art house than multiplex. Avant-garde leanings aside, Malcolm is no snob—her list balances highbrow with guilty pleasure via the addition of an ’80s teen horror classic. Read on for her movie musts....


“I have always loved Charlie Chaplin, so any of his movies are number one for me. His character The Tramp is so multifaceted, which is incredible to witness in silent films, and Charlie Chaplin has always fascinated me as a human!”


“Two words: Jason Patric. It also has an incredible soundtrack, outfits...and I’m a sucker for ’80s vampires.”






“I listened to this soundtrack a lot before actually watching the movie, and both are amazing. I’ve yet to meet a Wes Anderson movie I didn’t love!”



“I struggle with violence in movies, but I have never found it more perfectly pulled off than in a Quentin Tarantino movie. He manages to make it hilariously brutal, and the California surf music accompaniment in this movie makes me so happy.”